FOX POINT, WI (5.18.2011) — J.K. Lee Black Belt Academy in Fox Point is hosting a free Community Safety Day this Saturday, May 21st, from 1pm-4pm as part of our Expansion Celebration. The afternoon will include on-going prize drawings, give-aways, snacks, cake, a verbal defense counter bullying class taught by Master Chan Lee, and a Tae Kwon Do demonstration! At 2:00pm the fire department and police department will have a fire truck and police car available to tour and will give summer safety tips. There will be opportunities for children and adults to learn simple life saving techniques!
J.K. Lee Black Belt Academy is celebrating one of its many successes! To better serve our student body, Grandmaster Lee and all the staff at the Fox Point location are excited to report that we have expanded the Fox Point academy!
All of us at J.K. Lee Black Belt Academy share a desire to improve ourselves, to try to be our best. By having this kind of desire and goal we logically expand our potential.
According to Mr. Gendelman, Principal, “Our growth is a testament to the dedication and commitment of our students and staff. Our program is not merely another after school activity but a life skills training program. The benefits to children, families and adults are seen at home, school, and work place, extending into and throughout the community.”
J.K. Lee Black Belt Academy, at its five locations throughout Milwaukee, has been positively changing the lives of children, adults and families for over 30 years. A safe and encouraging environment is established in each class, a place where confidence is built and accomplishments celebrated. Programs are high energy, fun, and interactive. Tae Kwon Do involves all muscle groups working together to help develop the student’s inner core strength. Ultimately, J.K. Lee’s is about developing positive character and life improvement skills. The curriculum is value-based and, for children, helps them become polite, confident, and mature individuals.
For more information on the day’s events, please contact:
Mr. Jeff Gendelman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-326-3599
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Stritch Theater presents "Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?"
- Mequon Artist Grace Natoli Sheldon Featured on Channel 10 Auction
- Drive 4 UR School - Saturday, May 9th
- Volunteers Still Needed For Walk MS: Milwaukee
- American Pickers to visit Cudahy
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Solutions for Your Pets in the Kitchen
- North Shore Congregational Church to Host Church-Wide Rummage Sale
- Beth Stoddard: Landscapes and Still Lifes Art Exhibition of Oil Paintings at the Greenfield Public Libarary, April 2015
- Industry Expert: Prevent Fires. Clean Dryer Vents.