A simple cheek swab could save this mother's life.
Fox Point resident, Anne Schumaker, is fighting a rare form of leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant. You could be the one to make a difference.
Please take a few minutes out of your day on Saturday, May 14th, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM to participate in a bone marrow drive at St. Eugene's Parish, 7600 N. Port Washington Road in Fox Point. We are hoping to find a "match" for Anne through this drive.
We ask that you join the "Be the Match Marrow Registry". There is no charge, and no need to make an appointment. Participation consists of filling out a marrow donor registration form, including a brief health history, followed by a simple cheek swab. Participants must be between the ages of 18 - 60. You could potentially be the life-saving match for someone waiting for a transplant. Your generosity could save a life, like Anne's.
This drive is being conducted in association with the Blood Bank of Wisconsin and the National Bone Marrow Registry. For questions and further information, please contact the Blood Center at (414)937-6249.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!
- Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert July 23, 2014 7:00pm