A simple cheek swab could save this mother's life.
Fox Point resident, Anne Schumaker, is fighting a rare form of leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant. You could be the one to make a difference.
Please take a few minutes out of your day on Saturday, May 14th, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM to participate in a bone marrow drive at St. Eugene's Parish, 7600 N. Port Washington Road in Fox Point. We are hoping to find a "match" for Anne through this drive.
We ask that you join the "Be the Match Marrow Registry". There is no charge, and no need to make an appointment. Participation consists of filling out a marrow donor registration form, including a brief health history, followed by a simple cheek swab. Participants must be between the ages of 18 - 60. You could potentially be the life-saving match for someone waiting for a transplant. Your generosity could save a life, like Anne's.
This drive is being conducted in association with the Blood Bank of Wisconsin and the National Bone Marrow Registry. For questions and further information, please contact the Blood Center at (414)937-6249.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Missing Cat off Lake Dr
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Two Weeks Remaining For Chance To Win $10,000 For Your Non-Profit
- Whitefish Bay