A simple cheek swab could save this mother's life.
Fox Point resident, Anne Schumaker, is fighting a rare form of leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant. You could be the one to make a difference.
Please take a few minutes out of your day on Saturday, May 14th, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM to participate in a bone marrow drive at St. Eugene's Parish, 7600 N. Port Washington Road in Fox Point. We are hoping to find a "match" for Anne through this drive.
We ask that you join the "Be the Match Marrow Registry". There is no charge, and no need to make an appointment. Participation consists of filling out a marrow donor registration form, including a brief health history, followed by a simple cheek swab. Participants must be between the ages of 18 - 60. You could potentially be the life-saving match for someone waiting for a transplant. Your generosity could save a life, like Anne's.
This drive is being conducted in association with the Blood Bank of Wisconsin and the National Bone Marrow Registry. For questions and further information, please contact the Blood Center at (414)937-6249.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary