A simple cheek swab could save this mother's life.
Fox Point resident, Anne Schumaker, is fighting a rare form of leukemia and is in need of a bone marrow transplant. You could be the one to make a difference.
Please take a few minutes out of your day on Saturday, May 14th, between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM to participate in a bone marrow drive at St. Eugene's Parish, 7600 N. Port Washington Road in Fox Point. We are hoping to find a "match" for Anne through this drive.
We ask that you join the "Be the Match Marrow Registry". There is no charge, and no need to make an appointment. Participation consists of filling out a marrow donor registration form, including a brief health history, followed by a simple cheek swab. Participants must be between the ages of 18 - 60. You could potentially be the life-saving match for someone waiting for a transplant. Your generosity could save a life, like Anne's.
This drive is being conducted in association with the Blood Bank of Wisconsin and the National Bone Marrow Registry. For questions and further information, please contact the Blood Center at (414)937-6249.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Exercise Caution When Purchasing Final Four Tickets
- Area German Students "Sehr gut" at Contest
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info