Metro Physicians - Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group is proud to welcome Avi Bernstein, MD, Adult (internal) Medicine. Dr. Bernstein recently completed a residency program at the Medical College of Wisconsin and is the newest member of our Metro Physicians medical team.
Board certified in internal medicine, Dr. Bernstein earned his medical degree from the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2006. He graduated with honors from the University of Chicago in 2001 with a Bachelor of Arts degree. Dr. Bernstein most recently served as an assistant professor in Hospital Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where he was recognized as one of 20 top physicians in patient satisfaction.
“I am available to my patients when they need me. If a patient needs to be admitted to the hospital, I will take care of them there,” says Dr. Bernstein. “When faced with difficult medical decisions, I try to imagine what I would recommend for my own family member. I want my patients to understand their health conditions and the rationale behind treatment; I try to avoid using confusing medical jargon. Together we will collaborate to achieve optimal health.”
Dr. Bernstein is a native of Bayside, Wisconsin and his special interests include preventive medicine and stress management. He practices at two offices in the Milwaukee area: Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare-St. Francis Medical Arts Pavilion, 2025 W. Oklahoma Avenue, Suite #100; and at 7400 W. Rawson Avenue, Suite 213 in Franklin. To contact Dr. Bernstein, please call 414-389-2790.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare (WFH) is a Catholic, not-for-profit organization with more than 100 health and shelter organizations in Wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado, and Illinois. Started by the Wheaton Franciscan Sisters more than 125 years ago and formally incorporated in 1983, WFH has corporate services offices in Wheaton, Illinois and Glendale, Wisconsin. In Southeast Wisconsin, WFH is co-sponsored by the Wheaton Franciscan and Felician Sisters and has nearly 11,000 associates, making it the second largest private employer in the area. Hospitals include All Saints in Racine County; Wheaton Franciscan - St. Joseph and The Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campuses, St. Francis, Franklin Hospital, and Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Milwaukee County; and Elmbrook Memorial in Waukesha County. The region also includes Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group with more than 350 physicians in more than 50 locations, a network of outpatient centers, three transitional and extended care facilities, Home Health, and Hospice. Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is also affiliated with Affinity Healthcare in the Fox Valley and United Hospital System in Kenosha.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project