Milwaukee Special Olympics Young Professionals Board To Host Chili-Brew Chef's Cook-Off & Beer Tasting
MILWAUKEE (February 15, 2011) – Competition is heating up at the Milwaukee Public Market, where The Milwaukee Special Olympics Young Professional Board will be hosting “Chili Brew,” a chili cook off and beer tasting fundraiser on Saturday, March 12 from 5:30 to 8: 30 pm. All proceeds benefit Special Olympics Wisconsin-Greater Milwaukee Area.
Bragging rights are on the line, as distinguished Milwaukee Chefs pair up with local breweries to craft special chili concoctions made from Milwaukee’s most famous beverage – beer.
Two awards will be given for the best chili – crowd favorite and judge’s choice. The winner for the judge’s choice award will be chosen from a panel of Special Olympics of Wisconsin athletes and local Milwaukee media.
Attendees can enjoy live entertainment and enter to win exciting raffle prizes as they sample our chef’s unique chili recipes, which complement the flavors of craft beer from local breweries. Dishes and pairings will be provided by numerous partners including Water Buffalo, St. Francis Brewery, Big Bay Brewery, Horny Goat Brewing Co. and Sprecher.
Tickets are currently on sale for $15. Admission at the door will be $18. To purchase tickets or find out more information about Milwaukee “Chili Brew,” contact Brandon Tanner at 262.241.7786 ext. 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Special Olympics Wisconsin
SOWI provides year-round training and competition opportunities through 18 different Olympic-type sports for nearly 10,000 individuals with cognitive disabilities. Thank you to Kwik Trip and the Law Enforcement Torch Run, the Mission Partners of SOWI, enabling the organization to hold nearly 80 competitions and five state tournaments per year. Join our online community by following us on Twitter and Facebook! For more information, visit SpecialOlympicsWisconsin.org or call (800) 552-1324.
About Milwaukee Special Olympics Young Professionals Board
Milwaukee Special Olympics Young Professional Board’s purpose is to raise awareness, plan & implement various fundraising events, recruit volunteers and build the next generation of leaders to help guide the work of the Special Olympics in the Greater Milwaukee Area. If you would like to be a part of the Milwaukee Special Olympics Young Professionals Board, please contact Brandon Tanner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary