This year, the Washington County Historical Society will be featuring Germantown at the annual Old Settlers' Club Banquet. Gather with your friends and neighbors at BuBs Irish Pub on Main Street in Germantown on February 20, 2011 between 11 am and 2 pm to celebrate the history of Germantown.
The Old Settler’s Banquet has been a community celebration since the society’s beginnings as the “Old Settler’s Club” in 1873. At that time a group of area settler’s began meeting once a year at the Washington House in downtown West Bend. They would gather for a meal, and reminisce about their sojourn to the area. This banquet evolved over the years to become a way to honor the history of the area’s vibrant communities.
At this year's banquet unique exhibits from the Sila Lydia Bast Bell Museum and Fire Hall, Christ Church Museum and the Valentine Wolf Haus Museum will be featured along with exhibits by the Germantown Historical Society. After lunch, sit back and enjoy the video presentation "History of Germantown" narrated by Irene Blau. Also featured this year is the talented folk dance group Pommersche Tanzdeel Freistadt.
Reservations are required by February 10, 2011. The cost, which includes a catered lunch, is $17 per person. To register please call the Washington County Historical Society at 262-335-4678 or visit our website event page at www.historyisfun.com.
- The Comedy of Errors
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- County Offers Free Chess Camps
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Wine Women Word
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour
- Community Volunteer Opportunities