This year, the Washington County Historical Society will be featuring Germantown at the annual Old Settlers' Club Banquet. Gather with your friends and neighbors at BuBs Irish Pub on Main Street in Germantown on February 20, 2011 between 11 am and 2 pm to celebrate the history of Germantown.
The Old Settler’s Banquet has been a community celebration since the society’s beginnings as the “Old Settler’s Club” in 1873. At that time a group of area settler’s began meeting once a year at the Washington House in downtown West Bend. They would gather for a meal, and reminisce about their sojourn to the area. This banquet evolved over the years to become a way to honor the history of the area’s vibrant communities.
At this year's banquet unique exhibits from the Sila Lydia Bast Bell Museum and Fire Hall, Christ Church Museum and the Valentine Wolf Haus Museum will be featured along with exhibits by the Germantown Historical Society. After lunch, sit back and enjoy the video presentation "History of Germantown" narrated by Irene Blau. Also featured this year is the talented folk dance group Pommersche Tanzdeel Freistadt.
Reservations are required by February 10, 2011. The cost, which includes a catered lunch, is $17 per person. To register please call the Washington County Historical Society at 262-335-4678 or visit our website event page at www.historyisfun.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Showing of
- Milwaukee NARI Home Improvement & Remodeling Show
- Memorial Lutheran Church to host 2nd Annual Fall Faith Fair this weekend!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Backstage Tour of the Rep
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- Lakeside Animal Hospital Celebrates 75 Years
- C.H. Coakley Delivers BikeShare Bikes Around Town
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. Upcoming Programs
- SCORE 50th Anniversary Luncheon October 9th