The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of The American Revolution has selected Emma Stodder, a senior at Whitefish Bay High School as their Good Citizen winner. Emma's outstanding entry was submitted by Anne Perina, Director of Counseling at Whitefish Bay High School.
The grade level winners in the American History Essay Contest "Memoirs of Paul Revere" are Samantha Ungerecht, a fifth grader at Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek, Craig Schimenz, a seventh grader at Brown Deer Middle School, and Annie Mattix, of Glendale, an eighth grader at Saint Monica School in Whitefish Bay. Guiding these students in the writing process were their teachers, Janice Posda, Carollton Elementary, Oak Creek, Diana Krosky, Brown Deer Middle School and Anne Rice, Saint Monica School, Whitefish Bay.
All of these first place winners will receive a $100 US Savings Bond, a bronze medal and chapter winner certificate. Their essays have been submitted to the state level judges of the Daughters of The American Revolution. These students, their parents and teachers will be honored at an awards luncheon on February 4, 2011. The luncheon is hosted by the Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of The American Revolution at the Wisconsin Club.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cornerstone Community Bank to Host FREE Shred Events
- Impact Networking is Great Rated! By Employees for 2-Years in Row
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- PURSE AUCTION FEATURES MORE THAN HANDBAGS
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Missing Cat off Lake Dr
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Two Weeks Remaining For Chance To Win $10,000 For Your Non-Profit
- Whitefish Bay