The Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of The American Revolution has selected Emma Stodder, a senior at Whitefish Bay High School as their Good Citizen winner. Emma's outstanding entry was submitted by Anne Perina, Director of Counseling at Whitefish Bay High School.
The grade level winners in the American History Essay Contest "Memoirs of Paul Revere" are Samantha Ungerecht, a fifth grader at Carollton Elementary School in Oak Creek, Craig Schimenz, a seventh grader at Brown Deer Middle School, and Annie Mattix, of Glendale, an eighth grader at Saint Monica School in Whitefish Bay. Guiding these students in the writing process were their teachers, Janice Posda, Carollton Elementary, Oak Creek, Diana Krosky, Brown Deer Middle School and Anne Rice, Saint Monica School, Whitefish Bay.
All of these first place winners will receive a $100 US Savings Bond, a bronze medal and chapter winner certificate. Their essays have been submitted to the state level judges of the Daughters of The American Revolution. These students, their parents and teachers will be honored at an awards luncheon on February 4, 2011. The luncheon is hosted by the Milwaukee Chapter Daughters of The American Revolution at the Wisconsin Club.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary