Adopt A Hydrant Program
In the event of a fire emergency during the winter, could firefighters find the hydrant near your home?
The North Shore Fire Department encourages residents to "adopt a fire hydrant' near their home and keep snow shoveled away from it during the winter season.
Please make it a point to uncover your fire hydrant after each and every snowfall. Clear a path approximately 3 feet around the hydrant. This gives the fire department room to work with this hydrant should the need arise.
Please consider helping a neighbor with a medical condition or who is elderly, by shoveling out a hydrant in front of their home. This act of kindness will benefit the entire neighborhood.
Water is the principle agent used by the Fire Department to control and extinguish fires. Delays in locating and hooking-up to a fire hydrant can seriously hamper a fire suppression operation, raising the risk of injury and possibly resulting in additional property damage.
The “Adopt A Hydrant” program is an informal program, therefore it is not necessary to advise the fire department of which hydrants you will be clearing snow from.
On behalf of the entire North Shore Fire Department, thank you for keeping the North Shore community’s fire hydrants clear of snow and keeping our communities safe!
Please contact the North Shore Fire Department Public Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-228-0292, should you have any questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Fall Registration Info
- Register for the Rite-Hite Family YMCA Kids Club by August 12!
- Bayside Resident is Appointed Dean of the Alverno College School of Business
- Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Form Cardiothoracic Surgery Alliance
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Post-Summer Polar Vortex, Return to the Beach and Check a Website for Conditions
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 2
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers Seven Tips for Spending Wisely on a Home Remodel - Part 1
- Angelic Bakehouse Needs Your Vote!