If you are a parent, educator or professional interested in the special educational needs of all students in the North Shore schools, please consider joining the North Shore Parent Network.
Like all parents, we are raising our children to be productive, contributing citizens. The mission of the North Shore Parent Network is to facilitate collaboration in our communities among parents, administrators, staff and citizens to continue to explore and implement options for children with differences in accomplishing that goal.
Please join us on Thursday, September 23rd to kick off a great year. There is a morning option as well as an evening option for coming to meet other North Shore parents and educators:
9am to 11am at Bruegger’s on Silver Spring in Whitefish Bay or
6:30pm until 9pm at Thirst and Vine on Oakland in Shorewood
(Food and beverages available for purchase at both venues)
Future meeting plans:
Tuesday, October 12th - Effective Communication Between Home and School
Wednesday, December 1st - Arriving at Realistic Accommodations and Modifications
Thursday, January 13th - Literacy and Learning Strategies
Tuesday, March 15th - The Impact of Educational Differences on Family Dynamics
Wednesday, May11th - Social Skills Within and Outside of the Classroom
Please contact Terri Hart-Ellis at email@example.com or at 414/217-8999 to be added to the NSPN email distribution list for notice upcoming meeting details, trainings, resources and other events in the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art
- Explore The Art in Horticulture at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa
- Stritch Community Orchestra to perform debut concert on Nov. 20
- Alverno College Course Will Visit Places of the Holocaust
- Stritch Theater to perform "Kindertransport"
- Milwaukee Art Museum Hosts Kohl's Art Generation Open Studio: Painted Stories
- Memories of World War II
- Free Showing of "The Butler"