Flu season is here and seniors are at greatest risk of flu complications. Ninety percent of seasonal flu-related deaths and over sixty percent of flu-linked hospitalizations occur in those 65 years and over. Vaccinations ideally are received early in the flu season.
The Glendale Senior Citizens Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will have its Annual Shoo the Flu Clinic in the Senior Center on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, on Tuesday, September 28, 9-11 am. Shots are free with a Medicare Part B card. No appointment is necessary. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
The 2010-2011 flu vaccine will protect against three different flu viruses: influenza B , the H3N2, and the H1N1 virus of last season. Immunity sets in about two weeks after vaccination and there is protection through the entire flu season.
The Glendale Senior Citizens Club also sponsors the Toe Nail Trimmers service for those who need assistance with toenail cutting. The first clinic will be Tuesday, September 28, 9-11 am in the Senior Center. Other dates are Monday, October 4, 9 am-12 pm, and Tuesday, October 26, 9-11 am (i.e. the first Monday and fourth Tuesday of each month). For an appointment, call Mary at 262-719-0336. There is a $20 fee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 20 Churches & ABA pro Basketball Team Host a Citywide eWaste Event
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Mark Travel Aids Milwaukee's Hungry
- Kick off the season with the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- WindSync "Simple Gifts: A Holiday Sampler"
- YOUNG BAYSIDE RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol