Flu season is here and seniors are at greatest risk of flu complications. Ninety percent of seasonal flu-related deaths and over sixty percent of flu-linked hospitalizations occur in those 65 years and over. Vaccinations ideally are received early in the flu season.
The Glendale Senior Citizens Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will have its Annual Shoo the Flu Clinic in the Senior Center on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, on Tuesday, September 28, 9-11 am. Shots are free with a Medicare Part B card. No appointment is necessary. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
The 2010-2011 flu vaccine will protect against three different flu viruses: influenza B , the H3N2, and the H1N1 virus of last season. Immunity sets in about two weeks after vaccination and there is protection through the entire flu season.
The Glendale Senior Citizens Club also sponsors the Toe Nail Trimmers service for those who need assistance with toenail cutting. The first clinic will be Tuesday, September 28, 9-11 am in the Senior Center. Other dates are Monday, October 4, 9 am-12 pm, and Tuesday, October 26, 9-11 am (i.e. the first Monday and fourth Tuesday of each month). For an appointment, call Mary at 262-719-0336. There is a $20 fee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- End the Silence Panel Event
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- BloodCenter to Host Milwaukee Bucks Blood Drive
- Plumbing Experts Say Best Way to Minimize Damage During Emergency is to Turn Off Water Supply
- Community Volunteer Opportunities