Bid on your favorite bench to benefit the Shorewood Foundation!
The Village of Shorewood has been decorated all summer long with 41 beautiful, custom-created benches, part of the “Best Seats in the House” public art event that closed on August 15. Shorewood’s benches have been the talk of the town this season and now they will be placed in a public auction on Sunday, August 29 at Hubbard Park Lodge (3565 N. Morris Blvd). The public is invited to attend the auction from 4:30-7:30 p.m. where they can meet the artists, enjoy complimentary appetizers and a cash bar. Admission is $10 per person. Forty of the benches will be auctioned off to the highest bidders to benefit the Shorewood Foundation. The bench formerly on display at the Shorewood Police Department, sponsored by the Shorewood Foundation Board of Directors, will be held back and auctioned off at the Shorewood Foundation annual dinner/auction on Saturday, November 6.
The bidding process has already begun at www.shorewoodwi.com – just click on the home page photo and you will go right to the bidding page. Submit your bid online and someone will get back to you right away. Bids on the benches will start at $300 and we anticipate a lively auction event as each and every bench is a masterpiece - and will look great on a patio or porch, in the garden, in a playroom, or just about anywhere! The benches have been clear-coated by an auto body shop so they will last a very long time.
Fans of “Best Seats in the House” can also commemorate the event by purchasing notecards featuring color photographs of each of the benches. The notecards are packaged in four groups of 10 cards each and can be purchased for $12 per pack (including envelopes) or save $8 and buy all 4 packs for only $40. Visit the Village Hall Customer Service Desk on Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. – hurry, cards are available in limited quantities. Any remaining notecards will be sold at the auction on Sunday.
“Best Seats in the House” was produced by the Shorewood Business Improvement District and the Shorewood Foundation was the presenting sponsor. Other sponsors include the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program, the Shorewood DPW, the Shorewood Men’s Club and Gloss Photography Studios. Questions about “Best Seats in the House” can be directed to 414.962.7002.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Shorewood Library Celebrates Seuss this Saturday
- Concordia University Creates New Position to Help Veterans Achieve Education Goals
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop
- Libertarians plan for 2016 by offering cross-party appeal.
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Farmers Market and Local Harvest Breakfast Fundraiser to Support Family Farms
- Falcon Fun Fair 2015 at Brown Deer Elementary