Bid on your favorite bench to benefit the Shorewood Foundation!
The Village of Shorewood has been decorated all summer long with 41 beautiful, custom-created benches, part of the “Best Seats in the House” public art event that closed on August 15. Shorewood’s benches have been the talk of the town this season and now they will be placed in a public auction on Sunday, August 29 at Hubbard Park Lodge (3565 N. Morris Blvd). The public is invited to attend the auction from 4:30-7:30 p.m. where they can meet the artists, enjoy complimentary appetizers and a cash bar. Admission is $10 per person. Forty of the benches will be auctioned off to the highest bidders to benefit the Shorewood Foundation. The bench formerly on display at the Shorewood Police Department, sponsored by the Shorewood Foundation Board of Directors, will be held back and auctioned off at the Shorewood Foundation annual dinner/auction on Saturday, November 6.
The bidding process has already begun at www.shorewoodwi.com – just click on the home page photo and you will go right to the bidding page. Submit your bid online and someone will get back to you right away. Bids on the benches will start at $300 and we anticipate a lively auction event as each and every bench is a masterpiece - and will look great on a patio or porch, in the garden, in a playroom, or just about anywhere! The benches have been clear-coated by an auto body shop so they will last a very long time.
Fans of “Best Seats in the House” can also commemorate the event by purchasing notecards featuring color photographs of each of the benches. The notecards are packaged in four groups of 10 cards each and can be purchased for $12 per pack (including envelopes) or save $8 and buy all 4 packs for only $40. Visit the Village Hall Customer Service Desk on Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. – hurry, cards are available in limited quantities. Any remaining notecards will be sold at the auction on Sunday.
“Best Seats in the House” was produced by the Shorewood Business Improvement District and the Shorewood Foundation was the presenting sponsor. Other sponsors include the Village of Shorewood Marketing Program, the Shorewood DPW, the Shorewood Men’s Club and Gloss Photography Studios. Questions about “Best Seats in the House” can be directed to 414.962.7002.
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Upcoming Programs
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for Little Muskego Lake project
- Franklin resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with autism awareness project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for senior citizen music therapy project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Engel Conservation Area seed collection project
- Muskego resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with anti-bullying project
- Whitefish Bay resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with nutrition education project