Thanks to a $5,000 State Farm donation to the American Red Cross of Southeast Wisconsin, neighborhoods ravaged by recent flooding are safe and clean again.
More than 3,000 clean-up kits were distributed directly to families in need by the American Red Cross. Kits are packed with a variety of essential items, including brooms, a mop, squeegee, rubber and work gloves, bleach and pine cleaner.
“State Farm is committed to helping people recover from unexpected events that can happen without warning,” said Elizabeth Tharp, Vice President of Agency for Wisconsin. “By supporting the Red Cross and providing these flood clean-up kits to the community, we are able to help Milwaukee-area residents affected by the recent flooding recover as quickly as possible.”
The kits provide some of the essentials homeowners need to clean and disinfect items in their homes that came into contact with floodwater and to prevent mold from developing.
"We are so thankful to State Farm Insurance, a long-time and generous community partner, for helping Red Cross volunteers provide the basic needs that those affected by the floods needed to clean up and be safe," said Red Cross Regional CEO Patty Flowers
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leah Schiman will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Join the Fun at Mequon's Winter Wonderland
- Gingerbread Express – Memory Lane
- After School Storytimes at the North Shore Library
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Winter/Spring Registration Info
- Bartelt Hosts Hunger Task Force Food Drive
- Br(OK)en Genius is Healing Communities Through Art
- Explore The Art in Horticulture at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Rotary Breakfast With Santa
- Glendale Seniors' Holiday Party