Nicolet (24-2 overall), which just clinched a share of the North Shore Conference title last night with a sweep of Slinger in a pair of games, recently earned the top seed in the WIAA Whitefish Bay sectional.
The Knights will now host eighth-seeded Grafton in a regional final game on Tuesday, July 21. The winner will face the victor of fourth-seeded Homestead and fifth-seeded Brown Deer in a 10 a.m. sectional semifinal game on Friday, July 24 at Bay. Homestead will host Brown Deer in an 8 p.m. regional tilt July 21.
Host Bay (17-9) earned the second seed and will host seventh-seeded Shorewood in its July 21 regional contest. The winner of that tilt will challenge the victor of third-seeded Cedarburg and sixth-seeded Port Washington in a 1 p.m. sectional semifinal July 24 in Bay.
The sectional championship is slated for 4:30 p.m. July 24 back at Bay with the winner advancing to the WIAA State Tournament in Stevens Point on July 29 and 30.
Brown Deer advanced to the state tournament last season beating Nicolet in the sectional final.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title
- SPORTS SHORTS: JUNE 5
- OUR TAKE
- Homestead softball team rallies to beat Whitefish Bay, 15-5, in regional final
- Whitefish Bay girls soccer team beats Homestead to earn first North Shore title since 2007
- Track and field: Class and excellence highlights of Hamilton track sectional
- Germantown softball team's big bats earn it regional title over Nicolet
- Whitefish Bay girls track team overcomes injuries and wins NSC outdoor title
- Whitefish Bay and Homestead boys track teams take second and third in North Shore outdoor