Nicolet (24-2 overall), which just clinched a share of the North Shore Conference title last night with a sweep of Slinger in a pair of games, recently earned the top seed in the WIAA Whitefish Bay sectional.
The Knights will now host eighth-seeded Grafton in a regional final game on Tuesday, July 21. The winner will face the victor of fourth-seeded Homestead and fifth-seeded Brown Deer in a 10 a.m. sectional semifinal game on Friday, July 24 at Bay. Homestead will host Brown Deer in an 8 p.m. regional tilt July 21.
Host Bay (17-9) earned the second seed and will host seventh-seeded Shorewood in its July 21 regional contest. The winner of that tilt will challenge the victor of third-seeded Cedarburg and sixth-seeded Port Washington in a 1 p.m. sectional semifinal July 24 in Bay.
The sectional championship is slated for 4:30 p.m. July 24 back at Bay with the winner advancing to the WIAA State Tournament in Stevens Point on July 29 and 30.
Brown Deer advanced to the state tournament last season beating Nicolet in the sectional final.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 21
- Homestead has just enough depth to pull away for fifth North Shore tennis title
- Cooperation helped Whitefish Bay softball tourney work despite weather
- Veteran Shorewood netters claim Woodland dual meet crown
- Sports wraps: May 15
- Shorewood thinclads combine for eight firsts in Woodland Outdoor track
- NSC tennis race too close to call as tourney looms this weekend
- A 'true' team effort nets the Homestead girls track squad a title at the Cedarburg True Team Invite
- OUR TAKE
- Sports Shorts: May 7