In this second year of the jammed-up, gerry-mandered WIAA boys tennis sectionals, it's time to pronounce the WIAA experiment of a different kind of "regional representation" a failure. It's time to go back to spreading the best Milwaukee-area teams (read: best teams in the state) among three sectionals like it was before. That way you get the best kids to state and the best tournament possible!
Events at the WIAA State Track Meet that Whitefish Bay's Rhashad Gray (D1) and Brown Deer's Zack Baun (D2) will be participating in this weekend. Both are favorites in their respective high-jump events.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
A "WOW!" MOMENT
Call it the "Camille Davre" effect. The winner of the 800 and 1,600 at the Hamilton track sectional, the Bay star stunned the crowd when she came from about 30 meters down on the backstretch to the lead on the third leg of the 4x400 relay in the space of less than 100 meters. The crowd roared with approval as Bay wound up winning the race.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 12
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 5
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- Boys tennis: Catholic Memorial duo cruises to Division 2 state doubles title
- SPORTS SHORTS: JUNE 5
- OUR TAKE
- Homestead softball team rallies to beat Whitefish Bay, 15-5, in regional final
- Whitefish Bay girls soccer team beats Homestead to earn first North Shore title since 2007
- Track and field: Class and excellence highlights of Hamilton track sectional
- Germantown softball team's big bats earn it regional title over Nicolet