After 23 years, one state title, nine conference crowns and over 500 career wins, Nicolet baseball coach Dick Sykes has announced his retirement.
Sykes said that he wanted to be able to see his youngest son Alex participate in high school sports, which Sykes said he was unable to do with his other children. He said he will also be retiring from teaching at the end of the school year.
He led Nicolet to four state tournament berths including a WIAA state title in 1998. He was also elected into the Wisconsin Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame a few years ago.
"I leave with no regrets, I accomplished everything I wanted to do while coaching," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown girls basketball team clinches share of second NSC crown
- Whitefish Bay girls overpower Nicolet on senior night, 56-34
- Motivated Germantown wrestlers beat Nicolet, 63-15
- Homestead boys shutout Nicolet in third quarter in 65-30 rout
- Wolf comes home as Homestead girls hoops team beat Nicolet, 51-41
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Whitefish Bay boys soccer team holds on to beat Nicolet, 2-1
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 8
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 7
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 26