After serving for five years as varsity assistant, Rick DeKeyser will now assume the reins of Nicolet girls basketball coach.
DeKeyser's selection was formally approved by the Nicolet School Board Monday night.
"He's the guy who will hopefully keep things going," said Nicolet Athletic Director Kirk Krychowiak. "He was named acting coach soon after Corey (Wolf) resigned this spring."
"We're very glad he stepped up. He's earned the job and we're very glad to have him out there."
Krychowiak said a total of 18 applications were received with five interviews being conducted. Both the Personnel Committee and Krychowiak recommended DeKeyser's selection.
DeKeyser takes over for Wolf, who resigned to spend more time with her family after nine successful seasons. DeKeyser was part of the last five years of that run, which included at the end four North Shore Conference titles in a row and the WIAA State D1 championship in 2011.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports Shorts: May 21
- Homestead has just enough depth to pull away for fifth North Shore tennis title
- Cooperation helped Whitefish Bay softball tourney work despite weather
- Veteran Shorewood netters claim Woodland dual meet crown
- Sports wraps: May 15
- Shorewood thinclads combine for eight firsts in Woodland Outdoor track
- NSC tennis race too close to call as tourney looms this weekend
- A 'true' team effort nets the Homestead girls track squad a title at the Cedarburg True Team Invite
- OUR TAKE
- Sports Shorts: May 7