· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after a report of a reckless driver exiting Interstate 43 at the 500 block of West Brown Deer Road at 10:25 p.m. March 11. The woman failed field sobriety tests including reciting the alphabet. She completed correctly A to S and then said, "LMAXYZWXYZ. She denied drinking telling police, "I know I passed every (expletive) test" adding "This is (expletive)." Her BAC was 0.11.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after being stopped for a defective headlight in the 8700 block of North Port Washington Road at 8 p.m. March 15. He smelled of alcohol and had glassy eyes and failed field sobriety tests. The man, who said he had one beer and later one drink, had a BAC of 0.12.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was ordered into the police department Feb. 26 on 21 counts of theft from her then employer, Michael's, 9090 N. Green Bay Road, Jan. 7 to Feb. 19. The woman had made 21 fraudulent returns totaling over $880.
· A boy, age and residence not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after he threatened a relative at 3:45 p.m. March 4. No injuries were reported.
· Four .45-caliber bullet casings were found in the snow outside an apartment building in the 8200 block of North 46th Street at 9 a.m. March 5. A number of residents were interviewed on this day and also on March 2, when police responded to reports of gun shots in the area.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for battery, damage to property and disorderly conduct all domestic violence related, after a woman said the man, her boyfriend, kicked in her apartment door, slapped or punched her on the side of the head and then chased and threatened her at 1:20 a.m. March 6. No injuries were reported.
· A 32-inch TV, a fox fur coat and a video game system and 20 games, all with a combined value at more than $1,400, were taken from the 8300 block of North Teutonia Avenue between 10 p.m. March 5 to 10:30 a.m. March 6. A bedroom screen was removed for entry.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia (a needle with residue) and two warrants after a man called police when she refused to leave his residence in the 8000 block of North 50th Street at 2 p.m. March 6. She was also warned not to return or she would be arrested for trespassing.
· A girl was referred to her parents after she was found with a burned marijuana blunt at Dean Elementary School, 5757 W. Dean Road, at 8:50 a.m. March 7. The girl told police that she found the blunt and brought it to school to show her classmates.
· A woman, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving after her car was found stuck in a snow bank in the 5000 block of West Brown Deer Road at 5:20 a.m. March 9. The woman, who admitted having two drinks, had a BAC of 0.15.
· A man attempted to pre-pay for gas with a counterfeit $20 bill and when it was denied he left the BP Station, 5125 W. Brown Deer Road, on March 9. A counterfeit $50 bill was also passed.
· Three counterfeit $50 bills were passed at Parkview Pub, 7651 N. Teutonia Avenue, on March 10.
· Two counterfeit $20 bills were passed at Wendy's, 9133 N. Deerwood Drive, on March 10.
· A resident reported receiving a letter from the IRS regarding his 2013 tax report but he informed them he had not yet sent his tax forms in yet on March 10. The case is under investigation.
· A laptop computer was taken from a dorm room at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, between 10:15 and 10:50 a.m. March 12. A stranger was seen walking in the hallway during that time.
· A resident reported receiving a letter from the IRS regarding her previously filed federal income tax at 1:45 p.m. March 12. The woman told the IRS she had not yet filed her tax and she was told to report that to police.
· A Trek road bike valued at $1,700 was taken from an underground building in the 500 block of West Bradley Road prior to 8:20 p.m. March 12. The bike had been secured, but something was used to detach it from the rack. It was last seen in mid September, 2013.
· A 25-year-old Glendale man was arrested for criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct after damaging furniture at a relative's house in the 5900 block of North Sidney Place at 12:20 a.m. March 5. The man, who was intoxicated, was taken to the police station. While in a cell, he clogged the toilet with a towel, flooding the cell.
· A 20-year-old woman, residence not released, was arrested for being an escort without a license at the Radisson, 7065 N. Port Washington Road, at 2 a.m. March 5. Police set up a date with the woman using a website used by prostitutes.
· A 44-year-old Bayside woman was arrested for theft of eight clothing items valued at $232 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 5:21 p.m. March 5. She went into a fitting room with the clothes and hid them in her purse and a store bag and then attempted to flee. She told police she was having financial difficulties.
· A 25-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana and a warrant after the car he was in was stopped for no license plate in the 2700 block of West Silver Spring Drive at 1:10 a.m. March 6. The man had 2.9 grams of marijuana in a baggie in his pocket. The driver, who had just purchased the car, was given a warning.
· A 49-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for driving while impaired after a 911 call reporting an erratic driver at North Sunset Lane and West Kendall Avenue at 3:11 p.m. March 6. The man, who said he had taken prescription drugs but had not been drinking, failed field sobriety tests. He had a BAC of 0.00 and was taken for a blood draw.
· A 30-year-old man and a 41-year-old woman, both of Milwaukee, were arrested for disorderly conduct after causing a disturbance at IPic, 5750 N. Bayshore Drive at 10 p.m. March 7. The woman was also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon. The couple had been talking loudly during a movie and also flipped on their lighters. When asked to be quiet, the man began a fight with another man as the woman flashed a Taser over the audience. They left the theater but were stopped.
· A 56-year-old Glendale man was arrested for drunken driving and refusal to take a breath test after he bumped into another car at North Garden Grove Lane and West Bender Road at 8:45 p.m. March 10. The man's preliminary BAC was 0.276. A 35-year-old Milwaukee man, a passenger, was arrested on a warrant.
· An 18-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for escort without a license and a 30-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman, both of Milwaukee, for keeping a house of prostitution and pandering at La Quinta Inn 5110 N. Port Washington Road, at 11:30 p.m. March 10. The woman identified the man as her pimp. Police had set up a date with the woman using a web site used by prostitutes.
· About 30 bras valued at $1,600 were taken from Victoria's Secret, 5701 N. Centerpark Way, at 11 a.m. March 11. An employee reported seeing a woman take the items. As she walked out of the store, she set off the alarm. She fled in a car.
· A 36-year-old Racine man was arrested for battery/domestic violence related, after he shoved a woman at 3:40 a.m. March 9. The man was intoxicated.
· Three Milwaukee women, ages 21 and 22, were arrested for disorderly conduct at the Food Court of Bayshore Town Center, 5799 N. Bayshore Drive, at 4 p.m. March 9. The woman began yelling, using profane language, when security asked to see their IDs. The women then struggled with security, who then called police.
No reportable incidents this week.
· A Shorewood woman, age not released, was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence related after she threw a cat dish and a plastic cup at a man, who was hit in the back of the head, causing swelling and bleeding, at 9:10 a.m. March 8. She told police he hurt her after she found porn on his cellphone and confronted him.
· A woman was seen drinking a small bottle of vodka outside her car at Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., at 5:25 p.m. March 9. The witness said the woman threw that bottle under her car, got into her car and began drinking from another bottle while she drove away. A report said the woman had purchased the alcohol at the store.
· Two boys found walking on the ice of the Milwaukee River were warmed it was dangerous and to stay off the river in the 4000 block of North Estabrook Parkway at 5:30 p.m. March 10.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for theft of 12 cans of baby formula, valued at $203, from Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., at 5:40 p.m. March 13. In related incidents, two more thefts were reported: on March 10 a woman put seven cans of formula valued at $119 into her purse and fled the store and on March 12, a woman took two cans of the formula valued at about $25 at 5:30 p.m. March 12 and fled.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for prowling after he was seen walking on the north side of Shorewood Intermediate School, 3830 N. Morris Blvd., at 10:18 p.m. March 13.
· Jewelry, value not listed, credit cards and about $25 in change were taken from the 4600 block of North Ardmore Avenue between 2 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. March 6. Pry marks were found on a patio door and a garage window had been pried open.
· An officer saw four juveniles walking on lake ice at Big Bay Park, 5000 N. Palisades Road, about 2:35 p.m. March 13. One of them subsequently fell partially through the ice. Police drove him home and spoke with his parents. They were all warned to stay off the ice.
· A rear window of a 2010 Nissan Sentra was shattered in the 5300 block of North Lydell Avenue between 7:30 p.m. March 13 and 12:15 a.m. March 14. Damage was $300.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving and refusal to take a breath test at E. Glendale Avenue and N. Lake Drive at 2:20 .m. March 14.
· A man, age and residence not released, was arrested for drunken driving, with a prior conviction, refusal to take a breath test, no proof of insurance and driving without headlights in the 800 block of East Hampton Road at 3:21 a.m. March 15. A warrant was issued and he was taken for a blood draw.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
· Firefighters responded to a car ramming into a home in the 6100 block of North Santa Monica Blvd., Whitefish Bay, at 8:40 p.m. March 16. The car struck the front of the house, causing "extensive heaving and cracking" to the basement foundation. A bay window was pushed in, walls were cracked on both the 1st and 2nd floors. But a report stated there was "no need for structural support."
· Firefighters responded to 102 calls, 78 emergency medical and 24 fire/rescue, March 10 to 16.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014