I support Mike Barth to serve on the Bayside Village board of trustees.
Serving on Bayside's Architecture Review Committee, I have worked closely over the last several years with Mike. He is conscientious of his role in ensuring the economic and aesthetic good of the village and its citizens by balancing property owners' desires and having limited but necessary oversight rules. I have witnessed firsthand his common-sense approach at limiting committee review requirements to essential property changes rather than routine maintenance or common, low-impact improvements. This has allowed residents to spend their time and money on their projects rather than paying fees.
Mike has also taken this approach on the Village Board. He has been a strong advocate on ensuring superior village services at reasonable costs. One means of achieving this has been his working with surrounding communities on shared services. Most recently, the shared dispatch services was implemented. Through this type of project, Mike and the board have been able to achieve a high level of services without increases to the village tax levy for the last three years.
On April 2, I will be voting for Mike Barth for village trustee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors
- Police Report: May 6
- Bay trustee announces resignation