As an incumbent, experienced Bayside trustee, I have taken seriously my responsibility to represent all residents while working on innovative solutions to improve our community.
While Bayside has long been recognized by its residents as a wonderful place to live, the governance and administration of Bayside has likewise been recognized by others with numerous awards - awards for our budget planning, for our cooperation with neighboring communities and for our general performance.
Three areas that I have been especially involved in are as follows:
Budget: As chairman of the Finance Committee since 2010, I have been responsible for the three most recent budgets - all of which have had a zero increase for the village portion of the tax levy. The trustees have held the line on taxes while maintaining and improving services to residents. This has been accomplished through a cooperative effort of the Village Board and staff.
Dispatch Center: Bayside led the effort to consolidate the emergency dispatch center serving the seven North Shore communities and the North Shore Fire Department, directly resulting in enhanced services and reduced dispatch times. This consolidation will provide significant savings to all of the involved communities and is serving as a model for others.
Environmental Progress: I have been a strong supporter of Bayside's efforts to be environmentally responsible. Bayside has enhanced its recycling program by 50 percent since 2009, expanded cleanup days, and has been recognized as both a Bird City and Tree City.
I appreciate the trust you have placed in me as your representative and I promise my ongoing commitment to uphold the high standards our community expects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- More homes flowing into Bayside water project