As an incumbent, experienced Bayside trustee, I have taken seriously my responsibility to represent all residents while working on innovative solutions to improve our community.
While Bayside has long been recognized by its residents as a wonderful place to live, the governance and administration of Bayside has likewise been recognized by others with numerous awards - awards for our budget planning, for our cooperation with neighboring communities and for our general performance.
Three areas that I have been especially involved in are as follows:
Budget: As chairman of the Finance Committee since 2010, I have been responsible for the three most recent budgets - all of which have had a zero increase for the village portion of the tax levy. The trustees have held the line on taxes while maintaining and improving services to residents. This has been accomplished through a cooperative effort of the Village Board and staff.
Dispatch Center: Bayside led the effort to consolidate the emergency dispatch center serving the seven North Shore communities and the North Shore Fire Department, directly resulting in enhanced services and reduced dispatch times. This consolidation will provide significant savings to all of the involved communities and is serving as a model for others.
Environmental Progress: I have been a strong supporter of Bayside's efforts to be environmentally responsible. Bayside has enhanced its recycling program by 50 percent since 2009, expanded cleanup days, and has been recognized as both a Bird City and Tree City.
I appreciate the trust you have placed in me as your representative and I promise my ongoing commitment to uphold the high standards our community expects.
- Video: Bayside family surfs volcanic ash in Nicaragua
- Video: Bayside Middle School students test engineering skills
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Bayside Police Department to order body cameras
- Bayside public works facility gets $2 million renovation
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015