School districts across the North Shore are extending extreme weather closings to Tuesday, Jan. 7, and the districts that close their district offices Tuesday will push back the spring election filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Districts were closed today after temperatures plummeted into the negatives with wind chills into the negative 40s. Closings were extended until Tuesday for the following North Shore school districts (districts that have reported on their deadlines are noted):
· Brown Deer (deadline extended)
· Fox Point-Bayside (deadline extended)
· Glendale-River Hills
· Maple Dale-Indian Hill
· Mequon-Thiensville (deadline extended)
· Nicolet (deadline extended)
· Shorewood (deadline still 5 p.m. Jan. 7)
· Whitefish Bay (deadline extended)
Whether districts extend their spring election filing deadline depends on whether their district offices are openTuesday.
According to the state Government Accountability Board, districts that close their offices tomorrow can extend the election filing deadline until 5 p.m. Wednesday. Districts that keep their main offices open will have to follow the statutory filing deadline of 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- Video: Bayside family surfs volcanic ash in Nicaragua
- Video: Bayside Middle School students test engineering skills
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Bayside Police Department to order body cameras
- Bayside public works facility gets $2 million renovation
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015