School districts across the North Shore are extending extreme weather closings to Tuesday, Jan. 7, and the districts that close their district offices Tuesday will push back the spring election filing deadline to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Districts were closed today after temperatures plummeted into the negatives with wind chills into the negative 40s. Closings were extended until Tuesday for the following North Shore school districts (districts that have reported on their deadlines are noted):
· Brown Deer (deadline extended)
· Fox Point-Bayside (deadline extended)
· Glendale-River Hills
· Maple Dale-Indian Hill
· Mequon-Thiensville (deadline extended)
· Nicolet (deadline extended)
· Shorewood (deadline still 5 p.m. Jan. 7)
· Whitefish Bay (deadline extended)
Whether districts extend their spring election filing deadline depends on whether their district offices are openTuesday.
According to the state Government Accountability Board, districts that close their offices tomorrow can extend the election filing deadline until 5 p.m. Wednesday. Districts that keep their main offices open will have to follow the statutory filing deadline of 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015