Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014