Brown Deer High School went into a 40-minute lockdown this morning after a staff member overheard a student remark a gun was in the school.
According to a release on the district website:
The staff member reported the remark to district administration and the Brown Deer Police Department was contacted. The building was put into lockdown at approximately 9:35 a.m. as per the district's safety protocol.
Students were released back to class at 10:15 a.m. after school staff and Brown Deer police completed a search of the school and determined there was no gun.
School administrators and police are following up and will take appropriate disciplinary action.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Bayside Police Department to order body cameras
- Bayside public works facility gets $2 million renovation
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015