Fox Point-Bayside District Administrator Rachel Boechler announced Tuesday that she will resign effective Aug. 1. The School Board accepted her resignation at its Jan. 21 meeting.
According to a district news release, Boechler plans to continue her work with the Center for Courage & Renewal, a Seattle-based nonprofit which works with leaders in the fields of education, health care and clergy. Boechler is currently CCR's board chair and has been working with the organization for the past 13 years.
"The Fox Point-Bayside School District continues to have great potential to achieve the goals aspired to and is well on its way to meet those goals despite the ever-changing education environment we live in," Boechler said in the release. "I am committed to working with the board, staff and community over the next six months to leave the district in the best position possible to reach those goals."
Board President Michael Weiss thanked Boechler for her service since joining the district in 2010.
"Dr. Boechler successfully navigated the district through the adoption of Act 10, unprecedented school funding cuts, and sweeping new curriculum requirements," Weiss said in the release. "She never let us forget that, despite the many distractions facing our district and other school districts in Wisconsin, we must always focus on doing our best to educate every student."
The School Board will call a special meeting soon to plan the search for a replacement.
- Video: Bayside family surfs volcanic ash in Nicaragua
- Video: Bayside Middle School students test engineering skills
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Bayside Police Department to order body cameras
- Bayside public works facility gets $2 million renovation
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015