This time of year, the Nicolet staff is working to prepare the school for another academic year. Mother Nature threw a curve (or a wild pitch) that damaged as much as 80 percent of the building.
Talk about commitment - District Administrator Rick Monroe and his team have put any summer vacation plans on hold and have been working long days and weekends so that the school doesn't miss a beat when it opens for classes Sept. 1.
There probably will be little remnants of the storm damage visible to the students when they return to classes. That's because the Nicolet staff responded to this crisis with professionalism and a dedication to our students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014