This time of year, the Nicolet staff is working to prepare the school for another academic year. Mother Nature threw a curve (or a wild pitch) that damaged as much as 80 percent of the building.
Talk about commitment - District Administrator Rick Monroe and his team have put any summer vacation plans on hold and have been working long days and weekends so that the school doesn't miss a beat when it opens for classes Sept. 1.
There probably will be little remnants of the storm damage visible to the students when they return to classes. That's because the Nicolet staff responded to this crisis with professionalism and a dedication to our students.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014
- North Shore Police Report, June 26, 2014
- North Shore Police Report: June 19
- In Brief: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 12
- North Shore Police Report: June 5
- In Brief (Mequon): June 5
- North Shore Calendar: June 5
- North Shore Police Report: May 29