• A 20-year-old Waukesha woman was arrested for drunken driving and driving the wrong way on a divided highway on Interstate 43 at County Line Road at 2:30 a.m. Jan. 5. The woman was driving south on I-43 and took a sharp right turn driving up an on-ramp against traffic entering the highway. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.12.
• A 51-year-old woman and a 56-year-old man of Brown Deer were both arrested for drunken driving as they drove 60 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 4300 to 5000 blocks of West Brown Deer Road at 10:45 p.m. Dec. 29. The woman said she had one glass of wine and was following her boyfriend home. When doing the one-legged stand for the field sobriety tests she told police it was hard for her because "You know I got weight on me." Her blood-alcohol content was 0.11; the man's was 0.09.
• A 52-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for unlawful use of 911 and resisting arrest after he called using profane language and then fought with police when they arrived in the 5600 block of West Brown Deer Road at 10 p.m. Jan. 1.
• A storage unit was broken into in the 8300 block of North 46th Street sometime before Jan. 3. The lock had been pried open but the victim said he had nothing of value in the unit.
• A 16-year-old Milwaukee girl was arrested for possession of marijuana and theft of shirts valued at $50 at Old Navy, 9094 N. Green Bay Road, at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 3. A blunt with 0.3 grams of marijuana was found in her pocket and the girl admitted she knew it was there but it wasn't hers - it belonged to a friend.
• A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving after she parked in a no parking zone with the vehicle's engine running in the 8500 block of North Green Bay Road at 2 a.m. Jan. 6. Police stopped to assist her and found garbage outside her car. She said she had stopped to eat and admitted littering. She also admitted drinking beer at a friend's house. Her BAC was 0.19.
• A 21-year-old Sussex woman was arrested for drunken driving after her car went into a ditch at Juniper Lane and Lake Drive at 6:29 a.m. Jan. 3. She said she lost control as she made a U-turn while speaking on her cell phone. Her BAC was 0.13.
• A silver watch valued at $1,500 was taken from a locker at LA Fitness, 501 W. Northshore Drive, on Dec. 17 and reported Jan. 6. The victim said she had stepped away from her open locker and didn't report the theft until she looked for it at home.
• A 30-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for criminal damage to property and theft of more than $300 worth of clothing at H&M, 5765 N. Bayshore Drive, at 4:45 p.m. Dec. 29. She damaged a pair of jeans while removing the sensor tag and then asked for a pair that wasn't damaged. In the squad car, the woman could be seen twisting around. Three shirts with hangers were found on the floorboard. She also had a jacket stuffed into her stocking.
• A 43-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for drunken driving in the 6300 block of North Green Bay Avenue at 7 p.m. Dec. 30. She was asked when she started drinking and said 5:30 p.m. Her BAC was 0.17.
• A 17-year-old Milwaukee boy, two days from his 18th birthday, was arrested for underage drinking after the report of a party and the odor of marijuana at La Quinta Inn, 5423 N. Port Washington Road, at 10:30 p.m. Dec. 31. When the door was opened, police could smell the drug and heard someone say "Police is here." The boy said he thought the legal drinking age was 18. His BAC was 0.10.
• Two cars were broken into while parked at La Quinta Inn, 5423 N. Port Washington Road, Jan. 1 or 2. Three global positioning system units were taken from the cars with a total value of more than $600. Two windows had damage at more than $200 each.
• Four Milwaukee girls, one 16 and three 17, were arrested for disorderly conduct after attacking two other girls they knew from school at Bayshore Town Center, 5800 N. Bayshore Drive, at 6 p.m. Jan. 3. A witness said the girls jumped on and punched the two victims and then fled in a car. One of the 17-year-olds was also cited for obstruction after giving a false name.
• A 25-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft of clothing valued at more than $110 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 4. She carried a Walmart bag filled with women's lingerie with Kohl's tags. The woman, who said she was returning the items for her brother, wore a sweater and top with tags from another store still attached. She said her sister gave them to her.
• A 26-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for drunken driving and open intoxicants after she hit a fire hydrant in the 7300 block of North Port Washington Road just before midnight Jan. 4. When police arrived, air bags had deployed, her nose was bleeding and she was "arguing" on her cell phone. She told police she was "fine" and didn't think she was driving drunk even though a number of people called including her husband to report her. A bottle of vodka, was in the car. Her BAC was 0.21.
• Three domestic incidents were reported this week.
• A 38-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving after a 911 call reporting an erratic driver in the 1800 block of West Brown Deer Road at 8:20 p.m. Jan. 10. His BAC was 0.14.
• A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for hit and run, a warrant and knowingly driving after revocation causing property damage after he ran into two cars causing minor damage near Capitol Drive and Morris Blvd. at 11 a.m. Jan. 2.
• A laptop computer and a bowl with $60 in coins were taken during a party in the 4200 block of North Lake Drive Jan. 2 or 3 and reported Jan. 4.
• A 22-year-old Oak Creek man was arrested for drunken driving after stopping in the road in the 4400 block of North Wilson Drive at 12:45 a.m. Jan. 3. His BAC was 0.14.
• Police assisted a 21-year-old Minocqua man after he was seen staggering wearing only jeans and a T-shirt on a cold night in the 2000 block of Menlo Boulevard. at 2 a.m. Jan. 3. The man was intoxicated and was picked up by a friend.
• A 19-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after the car he was in was stopped in the 1700 block of East Capital Drive at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 5. He had the drugs, a grinder and a pipe. An 18-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for operating after suspension and expired registration.
• A 16-year-old Whitefish Bay boy was cited for habitual truancy Jan. 6. He has missed 56 class periods over 15 days and been tardy 14 times since school began last fall.
• A 43-year-old Shorewood woman was cited and taken into custody for trespassing at United Methodist Church, 819 E. Silver Spring Drive at 4 p.m. Jan. 6. She had been warned the day before.
• A 23-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for drunken driving in the 5500 block of North Diversey Boulevard at 2:40 a.m. Jan. 7. Her BAC was 0.13.
• An LCD digital television was taken in the 4500 block of North Murray Avenue sometime before 10 am. Jan. 8. A neighbor reported a broken back door where entry was gained. According to a police report, the burglar(s) exited through the front door.
• One domestic incident was reported this week.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 108 calls, 78 emergency medical and 30 fire/rescue, between Jan. 4 and January 10.
• A resident reported smoke in the basement in the 4900 block of North Woodburn Street, Whitefish Bay, at 3:27 p.m. Jan. 4. A steam boiler had ruptured due to overpressure and steam, which looked like smoke, filled the area. The resident was aided and advised to call a certified contractor.
• Smoke was reported coming from the rear trash compartment of a garbage truck in the 3900 block of North Murray Avenue, Shorewood, at 8:55 a.m. Jan. 5. Firefighters followed the truck to the DPW yard where the contents were dumped and a small fire extinguished.
• A resident called 911 to report the odor of gas and it was discovered that carbon monoxide levels were elevated in the 4600 block of North Ironwood Lane, Glendale, at 2:40 p.m. Jan. 9. We Energies was also on the scene and found a small gas leak which was repaired. The resident had not had the furnace serviced in 9 years and was advised to do so. In addition, a new smoke alarm was installed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports, Oct. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Oct. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 24, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 17, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Sept. 10, 2015
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: July 9, 2015