School Board member Mark Majeski announced that he will not seek re-election to the board, District Administrator Rick Monroe said.
The announcement, made at the board's Dec. 21 meeting, means there will be an open seat on the board if no one files to run by Jan. 5. Majeski's seat is the only one up for election. As of Monday morning, no one has filed, Monroe said.
Members serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 annually.
Anyone interested in running should pick up papers at the district offices in the high school, 6700 N. Jean Nicolet Road, Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014