School Board member Mark Majeski announced that he will not seek re-election to the board, District Administrator Rick Monroe said.
The announcement, made at the board's Dec. 21 meeting, means there will be an open seat on the board if no one files to run by Jan. 5. Majeski's seat is the only one up for election. As of Monday morning, no one has filed, Monroe said.
Members serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 annually.
Anyone interested in running should pick up papers at the district offices in the high school, 6700 N. Jean Nicolet Road, Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store