School Board member Mark Majeski announced that he will not seek re-election to the board, District Administrator Rick Monroe said.
The announcement, made at the board's Dec. 21 meeting, means there will be an open seat on the board if no one files to run by Jan. 5. Majeski's seat is the only one up for election. As of Monday morning, no one has filed, Monroe said.
Members serve three-year terms and earn $1,000 annually.
Anyone interested in running should pick up papers at the district offices in the high school, 6700 N. Jean Nicolet Road, Glendale.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Dickman wins write-in bid for Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board