Eight Nicolet High School seniors have been named semifinalists in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Mark Ambrose, Mallory Beer, Max Blumenthal, Megan Grady, Nicole Hangsterfer, Elizabeth Hortsmeier, Nicholas Lee and Keith Lewis will advance to the finalist level of the competition to be considered for a Merit Scholarship award. Merit scholars are selected on the basis of their skills, accomplishments, and potential for success in rigorous college studies.
High school students enter the program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test - a test that serves as an initial screen of approximately 1.5 million entrants each year. The National Merit Scholarship winners of 2010 will be announced in four nationwide news releases beginning in April and concluding in July
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors
- Police Report: May 6
- Bay trustee announces resignation