• A 35-year-old Milwaukee woman and her 15-year-old daughter were arrested for theft from Marshall's Mega Store, 9140 N. Green Bay Road, at 2 p.m. Aug. 11. The woman and girl were shopping in different parts of the store and were seen taking 11 items valued at more than $200, putting them into their shoulder bags and joining up as they left. An employee tried to stop them but the mother got into a car and as the girl tried to get in, the car moved and she was dragged a few feet. Police arrived and arrested them. The mother was also cited for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
• A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for possession of marijuana and theft from her employer, TJ Maxx, 9020 N. Green Bay Road, at 6 p.m. Aug. 11. The woman admitted taking items valued at more than $140 during the last few months because she was upset because the store didn't do anything after money was stolen from her locker. She told police she had "just a little marijuana" in her purse and had forgotten about it but knew they'd find it. Police found 0.3 grams of marijuana.
• A 34-year-old Brown Deer woman was ticketed for misuse of 911 after she called 911 to ask what the non-emergency number was and after getting that number hung up immediately causing police to go to her home in the 4200 block of West Hawthorne Trace Road at 9 p.m. Aug. 18. She said she called to report a car parked in her space and was told she should only use 911 for emergencies. She then said it could have been an emergency because she has health problems. Police ticketed the illegally parked car and mailed her a citation.
• A 25-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for her second drunken-driving offense and for operating after suspension after being stopped for the suspended plate in the 7900 block of North Sherman Boulevard at 12:45 a.m. Aug. 19. According to a police report, the woman had "physical indications of alcohol ingestion."
• Seven cars were entered or broken into in the 4000 and 4100 blocks of West Cherrywood Drive, the 4500 block of West Dean Road and the 8200 and 8300 blocks of North 46th Street on Aug. 19, 20 and 21.
• A TV and laptop computer were taken from the 6500 block of West Brown Deer Road before 3 p.m. Aug. 21. The resident arrived home to find the front door open.
• A 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for forgery after she stole checks from a relative Aug. 12. The woman took four checks, cashing them for a total of $220. She said she needed the money for food and clothes.
• A 52-inch LCD flat screen TV, two video game systems and video games with a total value of $3,920 were taken from the 8000 block of North Beach Drive on Aug. 14.
• An 18-year-old Belgium man was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety and being underage and transporting alcohol after he made an illegal U-turn in the 8000 block of North Port Washington Road at 11 p.m. Aug. 15. He admitted to drinking 1 1/2 cans of beer. Two cans of beer were found in the car. His blood-alcohol content was 0.04.
• A 20-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for underage drinking after the car he was in was stopped when someone threw a cigarette out the window in the 7100 block of North Lake Drive at 3 a.m. Aug. 16. The man admitted having three cups of beer. His BAC was 0.08.
• Two 19-year-old men of Fox Point and Glendale were arrested for underage drinking in the 1500 block of East Goodrich Lane at 9:30 p.m. Aug. 16. The Fox Point man had a previous arrest for underage drinking. His BAC was 0.15 and the Glendale man's BAC was 0.14.
• An 18-year-old Glendale woman was arrested for underage drinking after she was seen staggering as she walked in the 7000 block of North Fairchild Circle at 3:45 a.m. Aug. 18. The woman was not wearing shoes and, when asked why, she said she had been at a friend's house and couldn't find her shoes so she left without them. She admitted having two or three beers.
• A 27-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving, with the added offense of driving drunk with a 4-month-old child in the car, and driving while suspended in the 8600 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:45 a.m. Aug. 18. The man admitted having two drinks. His BAC was 0.12.
• A 35-year-old Janesville man was arrested for drunken driving after he was seen weaving in traffic in the 5400 block of North Port Washington Road at 3 a.m. Aug. 15. His BAC was 0.15.
• A 12-year-old Milwaukee boy was cited for disorderly conduct after a report that he urinated in public and exposed himself in the 4400 block of North Port Washington Road at 5:20 p.m. Aug. 15. The boy admitted urinating into a bush but denied exposing himself.
• A 38-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of women's clothing valued at $136 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 15. An employee told police the man was wearing the stolen items under his own clothes. Four pairs of panties, leggings, a print dress and a bra were all found under the man's clothes. He admitted stealing the items for himself, not his wife.
• A 19-year-old Glendale man was arrested for drunken driving after an officer heard him squeal his tires as he exited Interstate 43 and drove west on West Silver Spring Drive at 2:15 a.m. Aug. 16. His BAC was 0.22.
• A digital media player valued at $400 was taken from a car in the 6400 block of North Willow Glen Lane Aug. 16 or 17.
• An 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of marijuana after an officer doing a walk-through noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from a room at Super 8 Motel, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, at 1 a.m. Aug. 18. Six people were in the room and the suspect, who said he'd just moved to Milwaukee from Erie, Pa., admitted they had all been smoking marijuana, and it belonged to him. Police confiscated 1.4 grams of the drug.
• Offensive graffiti using vulgar language was found on playground equipment and a basketball backboard at Parkway School, 5910 N. Milwaukee River Parkway, on Aug. 18.
• A resident reported the theft of $500 in cash from the 2400 block of West Good Hope Road sometime before Aug. 19.
• A 19-year-old Shorewood woman was arrested for possession of 17 grams of marijuana and a 16-year-old Whitefish Bay boy was cited for possession of tobacco when both were found behind the boathouse at Hubbard Park, 3565 N. Morris Blvd., at 5 p.m. Aug. 19. The woman admitted they'd been smoking marijuana at the park and had thrown the blunt into the river. Both carried folding knives which were confiscated.
• Two cars were entered in the 1600 block of East River Park Court and the 3900 block of North Maryland Avenue on Aug. 18 or 19. Nothing was missing from the first car but a $200 Global Positioning System unit was taken from the other.
• A 22-year-old Shorewood man was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 40 mph in a 25 mph zone in the 1800 block of East Shorewood Blvd at 2 a.m. Aug. 19. His BAC was 0.20.
• Two bicycles were taken from two residences in the 4300 block of West Woodburn Street. An older bike was left behind at each home.
• A men's bicycle was taken from an unlocked garage in the 5200 block of North Idlewild Avenue about 9 a.m. Aug. 18. A woman's bicycle that had been stolen Aug. 17 from the 4900 block of North Diversey Boulevard was left behind. The stolen bike was found in Shorewood.
• A 20-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl, of Franklin, two Hales Corners men, 18 and 20, and a 20-year-old Milwaukee man were arrested for underage drinking at Big Bay Park, 5000 N. Palisades Road, at 11 p.m. Aug. 18.
• CDs, a garage door opener and $20 were taken from a car in the 4800 block of North Berkeley Boulevard on Aug. 18 or 19.
• A 16-year-old Glendale boy was arrested for violation of absolute sobriety after he drove in reverse when he saw a squad car in an alley in the 4900 block of North Anita Avenue at 2:30 a.m. Aug. 20. A 17-year-old Whitefish Bay boy was arrested for underage drinking.
• A 15-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for theft of a bicycle from the 5200 block of North Hollywood Avenue at noon Aug. 20. He was picked up by Glendale police on North Green Bay Road.
• A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for entry into an auto after there were reports of him rummaging through cars in the 5300 and 5400 blocks of North Lydell Avenue about 10 p.m. Aug. 21. He was turned over to Glendale Police.
• A 49-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for disorderly conduct after there were reports of him yelling at people in the 600 block of East Silver Spring Drive at 10 a.m. Aug. 23.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 102 calls, 80 emergency medical and 22 fire/rescue, between Aug. 17 and Aug. 23.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 27, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014