A breakfast and lunch restaurant called Maxfields Pancake House could open in the former Heinemann's Restaurant location at Audubon Court, 333 E. Brown Deer Road, Bayside.
The Plan Commission on March 18 recommended the Village Board approve a permit allowing the restaurant to open.
Maxfields, owned by Gus Zarmakoupis, would be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, serving breakfast and lunch. Zarmakoupis said he hopes to open in mid- to late-April.
He opened a Maxfields Pancake House in Lombard, Ill., and operated it for five years before selling it and moving to the Milwaukee area, he said. His brother owns a Maxfields in Schaumburg, Ill.
He plans a similar type of operation and menu, but with some menu twists.
Besides pancakes, Maxfields will have all kinds of breakfast items including omelets, eggs and French toast, plus an array of luncheon items, he said.
Zarmakoupis also participated in a family business, the Capital Café, 14375 W. Capitol Drive, Brookfield.
- Jane Ford-Stewart,
WHAT: Bayside Village Board vote on permit for Maxfields Pancake House
WHEN: 6 p.m. Thursday, April 2
WHERE: Village Hall, 9075 N. Regent Road
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015