I am honored to announce that I am running for re-election this spring as village of Bayside trustee.
Bayside is a wonderful community, well managed, family-oriented, with an excellent school and recreation facilities. But our ability to keep our village as the jewel of the North Shore while maintaining a zero tax increase, as we have for the past four years, is an ongoing effort by outstanding employees and your Village Board. It is for this reason that I, once again, have decided to run for re-election.
I am proud to have played a role in keeping village taxes flat while preserving village services and beautification, not an easy task in today's political and economic climate. Bayside has received numerous awards for budget management. Our efforts to seek shared services with our neighbors has resulted in Bayside getting its own fire station, and building and operating a state of the art Dispatch Center for the entire North Shore, resulting in significant savings for the village.
Perhaps my favorite accomplishment as your trustee has been developing and volunteering at the many family-oriented events in the village. Perhaps you have seen me as your master of ceremony at our Village Picnic, Fourth of July parade and Halloween festival. Or maybe directing traffic at the Village Clean-Up Days or handing out thousands of free ears of roasted corn at our wonderful picnic.
I am honored to once again run for re-election as your village trustee and look forward to serving Bayside for another three years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 20, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014