A thief snapped a picture of himself wearing a pair of designer sunglasses before running out of a North Shore store with the product earlier this month.
According to the Bayside police report:
The pair of Cartier sunglasses valued at $2,150 was taken from Innovative Optique, 333 W. Brown Deer Road, about 12:20 p.m. Sept. 4.
A male about 21 years old entered the store with a pair of Cartier glasses that he wanted repaired. He then asked to see another pair in a locked display.
He tried on those glasses, used his phone, took a picture of himself and then ran from the store.
He was seen on surveillance video inside the store and from cameras outside various stores as he ran east and north.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- Bayside water project moving forward
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014