The environment is important to me and to many residents of Bayside. As home to the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, we have a tradition of caring for our natural surroundings. As a community, we have made many important advances in this area.
Did you know our recycling is up 50 percent since 2009? We've launched clean up days three times per year, which bring in many donations for Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity - and which keep many electronics and hazardous waste products out of landfills. We have also been a Tree City and a Bird City for multiple years.
These accomplishments don't happen by chance. They are achieved by the board and administrators working together for the benefit of all residents.
Mike understands that a commitment to environmental sustainability makes us a more attractive community and a better place to live, work and play. Please join me in returning Mike Barth to Village Hall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board president stepping down
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal