At the age of 46 and being a lifelong village of Bayside resident, I have seen much change, all very positive change that gives me pride to promote where I reside. I attribute a lot of these advances and efficiencies to Mike Barth and his commitment to Bayside and his dedication to the board of trustees since 2003. During this time, we have seen: the creation of consolidated dispatch services allowing for significant savings; a complete systematic resurfacing of village roads; extension of municipal water; a revamp of the village's recycling and garbage collection program; statewide recognition at various levels including Tree City and Bird City along with an unprecedented villagewide tree planting and landscaping program.
I feel pride, as I pass though the entryways of our community. When I was growing up, I never had the opportunity for a sledding hill in my own community.
As a member of the Finance and Administration Committee, I have seen firsthand the passion that Mike Barth has for our village. Mike is involved on all fronts: chairman of Finance and Administration; and member of the Board of Review and Public Safety. Mike has a concrete understanding of our complex budget. Through his efforts, the cost of operating our village in 2013 will be the same as it was in 2011 with no property tax levy increase and a roughly half a million dollar reduction in village expenditures. No other North Shore community can boast such an accomplishment.
I ask that you recognize and support Mike Barth for his ongoing commitment to our village and vote to re-elect Mike in the April 2 election.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bayside public works facility gets $2 million renovation
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015
- Traveling beer garden to visit Doctors Park
- North Shore Police Reports: June 11, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: June 4, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 28, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015