I support Mike Barth to serve on the Bayside Village board of trustees.
Serving on Bayside's Architecture Review Committee, I have worked closely over the last several years with Mike. He is conscientious of his role in ensuring the economic and aesthetic good of the village and its citizens by balancing property owners' desires and having limited but necessary oversight rules. I have witnessed firsthand his common-sense approach at limiting committee review requirements to essential property changes rather than routine maintenance or common, low-impact improvements. This has allowed residents to spend their time and money on their projects rather than paying fees.
Mike has also taken this approach on the Village Board. He has been a strong advocate on ensuring superior village services at reasonable costs. One means of achieving this has been his working with surrounding communities on shared services. Most recently, the shared dispatch services was implemented. Through this type of project, Mike and the board have been able to achieve a high level of services without increases to the village tax levy for the last three years.
On April 2, I will be voting for Mike Barth for village trustee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 23 Voter's Guide
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012
- North Shore Police Reports: September 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014