The North Shore Fire Department doused a blaze at Andrew Automotive Collision Repair Center in Glendale this afternoon after a painting booth within the structure caught fire and caused an estimated $100,000 in damages. No one was injured.
According to an NSFD news release:
Around 2:30 p.m. an NSFD fire company was leaving the Glendale firehouse when firefighters onboard notice heavy black smoke to the southwest. Almost simultaneously a call came in from Andrew Automotive and the Glendale fire company, along with others, were dispatched to the scene.
Arriving crews found heavy black smoke coming from the building. With additional crews the fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished.
NSFD said the fire started when a static charge ignited paint fumes in the booth.
On-scene commanders from NSFD and the Glendale Police Department accounted for everyone who had been in the building at the time of the fire.
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee in 2016
- Bayside utility trucks can be tracked online
- Video: Bayside family surfs volcanic ash in Nicaragua
- Video: Bayside Middle School students test engineering skills
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Bayside Police Department to order body cameras
- Bayside public works facility gets $2 million renovation
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- North Shore 911 callers to receive lifesaving CPR instructions
- North Shore Police Reports: June 18, 2015