Shorewood Police are investigating a robbery of a food delivery driver that occurred early Monday morning on the 3500 block of North Oakland Avenue.
According to a Shorewood Police Department alert:
At approximately 12:35 a.m. Monday, a Domino's Pizza delivery driver was attacked and beaten after making a delivery to an apartment in the 3500 block of Oakland Avenue. A vehicle, described as a gray or silver Chevrolet Impala pulled in front of the delivery driver's vehicle. At least three subjects got out of the silver vehicle and beat the delivery driver causing injury. The suspects took property from the delivery driver including keys to his 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt. At least one of the suspects got into the Cobalt and the others got into the Impala, and both vehicles fled south on Oakland into Milwaukee.
The delivery driver was transported to Columbia/St. Mary's hospital for treatment for head and facial injuries.
In a similar incident, a group attempted to rob a Jimmy John's delivery driver at 11:35 p.m. Saturday in the 3800 block of North Maryland Avenue after placing a fictitious order.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- More homes flowing into Bayside water project