Bayside Police have arrested a 44-year-old Germantown man for the robbery of the Great Midwest Bank, 505 W. Brown Deer Road, on Saturday, and they are crediting some alert police work in Germantown for the quick resolution of the incident.
According to Bayside Police Lt. Tom Henkel, a man who implied he had a gun entered the bank at 11:08 a.m. Saturday, eventually approached a teller and demanded money.
Immediately after the robbery, Bayside police sent out an bulletin to other area police agencies. An alert officer in Germantown noticed the description of the clothing the bank robbery suspect was wearing matched clothing worn by a missing Germantown man. The man's family reported him missing on Friday.
Henkel said the suspect had drug abuse problems in the past.
He returned home early Sunday, was questioned by Bayside police and confessed to the armed robbery.
He was taken into custody and will likely be charged with armed robbery tomorrow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Dickman wins write-in bid for Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling
- Buzzell, Francour claim seats on Mequon-Thiensville School Board