Bayside Police have arrested a 44-year-old Germantown man for the robbery of the Great Midwest Bank, 505 W. Brown Deer Road, on Saturday, and they are crediting some alert police work in Germantown for the quick resolution of the incident.
According to Bayside Police Lt. Tom Henkel, a man who implied he had a gun entered the bank at 11:08 a.m. Saturday, eventually approached a teller and demanded money.
Immediately after the robbery, Bayside police sent out an bulletin to other area police agencies. An alert officer in Germantown noticed the description of the clothing the bank robbery suspect was wearing matched clothing worn by a missing Germantown man. The man's family reported him missing on Friday.
Henkel said the suspect had drug abuse problems in the past.
He returned home early Sunday, was questioned by Bayside police and confessed to the armed robbery.
He was taken into custody and will likely be charged with armed robbery tomorrow.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- More homes flowing into Bayside water project