No reportable incidents this week.
• A wallet, dress pants, cell phone and other items valued at more than $175 were taken from a locker in the men's locker room at the YMCA, 9250 N. Green Bay Road, during the day Sept. 20. The locker was forced open.
• A 19-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for possession of 0.2 grams of marijuana after he was stopped for expired registration in the 6900 block of West Bradley Road at 9:30 p.m. Sept. 21. The car smelled of marijuana and marijuana seeds, stems and a blunt were visible in the car. The man said the marijuana was not his because he was on probation and didn't use drugs.
• A 28-year-old Brown Deer man was arrested for drunken driving, driving without a driver's license and suspended registration after a report of a fight in the 8300 block of North 46th Street at 11:30 p.m. Sept. 25. The man, who said people were just fooling around and not fighting, admitted never having a license. His blood-alcohol content was 0.10.
• A woman reported being the victim of larceny after sending $175 via Western Union Sept. 27 for a man she met on a date website. The man told her he was in the army serving in Iraq and needed help in paying for a cell phone and she should send the money to a man in Carver, Minn. Police contacted that man who admitted receiving her money and other money and all of it was sent to someone in South Africa in a scam.
• A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for theft and disorderly conduct after taking a $500 cell phone from a display, damaging the $50 security cable, at the Sprint Store, 9124 N. Green Bay Road, at 5 p.m. Sept. 28. As he ran from the store, he pushed aside a customer and an employee, causing minor injury. He was found a few blocks away.
• A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 63 mph in a 40 mph zone in the 5200 block of West Good Hope Road at 1 a.m. Sept. 30. The man admitted having two 16-ounce bottles of beer and taking three types of anti-anxiety narcotics including one for schizophrenia. His BAC was 0.13.
• Two Milwaukee men, 44 and 51, were arrested for theft of baby formula from CVS Pharmacy, 8661 N. Port Washington Road, at 3:45 p.m. Sept. 24. The men fled with more than 10 cans of the formula but were stopped by Glendale police for not having a license plate and no rear window.
• Two 15-year-old boys of Fox Point and Glendale were cited for damage to property/disorderly conduct for "egging" a car in the 7000 block of North Lombardy Court at 1:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
• A laptop computer valued at $500 was taken from a room at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, about noon Sept. 29.
• More than $2,000 was taken from the ticket booth at Cardinal Stritch University, 6801 N. Yates Road, during the week of Sept. 15 to 21 and reported Sept. 23.
• About $100 cash was taken during a burglary at Citgo Station, 6204 N. Port Washington Road, on Sept. 19 or 20. A rock was used to break the front door glass. It was found inside the station.
• Two Milwaukee women, 48 and 18, a mother and daughter of Milwaukee, were arrested for theft of items valued at more than $250 from Kohl's, 5650 N. Bayshore Drive, at 2:30 p.m. Sept. 20. The daughter hid some items in her purse and the mother stuffed the rest under her waist-high girdle, including items still on hangers.
• A 53-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for drunken driving and speeding 50 mph in a 35 mph zone in the 5400 block of North Port Washington Road at 2:20 a.m. Sept. 21. At first, he denied drinking but then admitted having four drinks. His BAC was 0.17.
• A 16-year-old Bayside boy was arrested for underage drinking during a football game at Nicolet High School, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, at 8:30 p.m. Sept. 24. The boy said there were many others who had also been drinking but wouldn't name them. His BAC was 0.114.
• A laptop computer valued at $800 was taken from a locked car at the Hilton Inn, 4700 N. Port Washington Road, Sept. 24 or 25. Damage was $300.
• A 17-year-old Chicago boy is a suspect in the theft of a $920 leather jacket from Ragman, 5800 N. Bayshore Drive, at 2 p.m. Sept. 25. The boy grabbed the jacket and fled. A woman said she knew the boy because when he comes to Milwaukee he goes to her church.
• Two GPS units valued at about $150 each, were taken from cars at La Quinta Inn, 5110 N. Port Washington Road, on Sept. 25 or 26. Damage to each car was about $200.
• Two phones valued at $1,000 were taken from Sprint Mobile, 5575 N. Port Washington Road, about 5:45 p.m. Sept. 25.
• Seven pairs of frames valued at $1,150 were taken from LensCrafters, 5794 N. Bayshore Drive, about 3:30 p.m. Sept. 26.
• A 46-year-old Thiensville man was arrested for drunken driving and failure to obey traffic signs after he entered a closed southbound ramp attempting to enter Interstate 43 at Brown Deer Road at 2:35 a.m. Sept. 28. As he turned around, he struck a construction gate. He failed field sobriety tests. His BAC was 0.l1.
• Four hubcaps valued at $125 were taken from a car in the 1600 block of East River Park Court on Sept. 23 or 24.
• A 46-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for theft from Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., about 3 p.m. Sept. 24. The woman loaded a cart with more than $300 of liquor and beer and exited the store through the "Enter Only" door. She was stopped and arrested. This was her third arrest at that store for theft of liquor.
• A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for battery and two counts of obstruction, for giving a false name and for fleeing, after a report of him asking for money at Pick 'n Save, 4145 N. Oakland Ave., about 6 p.m. Sept. 27. When the boy tried to flee, he knocked over a metal rack hitting an employee.
• A 57-year-old Whitefish Bay man was cited for disorderly conduct after he yelled and swore at a woman who was allegedly blocking traffic at Shorewood Intermediate School, 3830 N. Morris Blvd., at 7:45 a.m. Sept. 30.
• A 17-year-old Grafton boy was cited for disorderly conduct after he found his car had been scratched at Cahill Square, 4900 N. Marlborough Drive, and confronted a 16-year-old Whitefish Bay boy who he thought had done it at 11:45 a.m. Sept. 27. The Grafton boy admitted pushing, yelling and using profanities when he confronted the other boy. In a related incident, the Grafton boy reported on Sept. 28 that his car had been scratched in the 5100 block of North Marlborough Avenue sometime during the school day causing more than $600 damage. Another car was scratched at Cahill Square between Sept. 17 to 27.
• A 20-year-old Florida woman was arrested for attempted theft after trying to cash a counterfeit American Express Traveler's check at CVS Pharmacy, 240 E. Hampton Road, about 2 p.m. Sept. 28.
• An 85-year-old Shorewood man was warned for trespassing on a porch in the 4700 block of North Woodburn Avenue at 8:30 a.m. Sept. 30. He was also warned for speaking to young children near Cumberland School, 4750 North Marlborough Avenue.
• An in-dash stereo valued at $250 was taken from an unsecured car in the 5600 block of North Consaul Place from Oct. 2 or 3.
NORTH SHORE FIRE DEPARTMENT
• Firefighters responded to 114 calls, 84 emergency medical and 30 fire/rescue, Sept. 27 to Oct. 3.
• A resident reported the carbon monoxide alarm sounding in the 2800 block of West Mill Road in Glendale at 9:30 p.m. Oct. 3. Levels of CO greater than 90 ppm and 102 ppm were found. The source was a gas fired furnace. The responders disabled the furnace, cut off the gas supply, ventilated the area and notified the building owner.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 19, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 12, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 5, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 29, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 1, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 25, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 18, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 11, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: Dec. 4, 2014