• Latoya Watson and Mark Strong of Brown Deer are parents of a daughter, Harmony Dana, born July 14, 2010. She was 7 pounds, 7 ounces, and 20 inches. She joins sister Gabrielle, 7.
• Sara Benning of Brookfield received the chancellor's scholarship from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln for the 2010-11 academic year. The chancellor's scholarship will pay full tuition for up to four years and provide an additional $2,000 per year in additional scholarship support.
• Megan Fletcher of Mequon was named to the 2010 spring dean's list at Ball State University in Muncie, Ind.
• Brendan Kelly and Cathryn Liska, both of Mequon, and Anthony Linn of Shorewood graduated from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn.
• Katrina Galka of Whitefish Bay was named to the honor roll with high distinction at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. Students must be in the top 5 percent of their class to receive this honor.
• Caitlin Jagla of Mequon was named to the 2010 spring dean's list at Denison University in Granville, Ohio.
• Jeanne Franke of Shorewood graduated with a bachelor's degree in art and architectural history in May from Miami University of Ohio in Oxford, Ohio.
• John Maul of Glendale has been added to the staff of Community Memorial Hospital. Maul specializes in hematology/oncology and will be employed with Aurora Health Care.
• Army Pvt. Kathryn Franklin has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C. Franklin is the daughter of Pamela Egin of Mequon and a 2008 graduate of Homestead High School.
Send Celebrations submissions to Celebrations/NOW Newspapers, 1741 Dolphin Drive, Suite A, Waukesha, 53186; or
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Celebrations: Feb. 11
- Celebrations: Feb. 6
- Celebrations: Jan. 23
- Celebrations: Jan. 9
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Dec. 12
- Celebrations: Dec. 5
- Celebrations: Nov. 28
- Celebrations: Nov. 21
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 31
- Celebrations: Oct. 24
- Celebrations: Oct. 10
- Celebrations: Sept. 19
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Aug. 29
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 8